Sunday, August 31, 2008

the Stirring ...

it's 10:33 pm ... I just got home from the Stirring ...

Derrick spoke tonight ... he told the story of the thief on the cross ... one of the most creative messages I've heard in a long time ... if you missed it, get the podcast ... light some candles and listen to it with your family ...

and Jenna led worship ... we sang a new song tonight ... one of Kim Walker's new songs ... amazing ... and just when I thought the night was winding down, Jenna pulls out 'better is one day' ... yep, old school ... the place erupted ... hands in the air ... crying out to God ... young and old ... I think someone choked on their coffee ... that's what happens when God shows up ... and then, out of nowhere, Dan starts playing this Metallica guitar lead ... and I'm rockin' the keys like Billy Joel ...

I'm stoked about this coming year ... God is so good ... I love our church and where God is leading us ... and Metallica ...

2 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

i miss the stirring. i've only been gone two weeks, and already i'm going through withdrawls. maybe i should get a weekend job in redding, so i have an excuse to be there.

JUAN said...

Gimme Fuel, Gimme Fire, Gimme that which I desire uhh!!!!!!

Call me up this week please..