Monday, August 11, 2008

my crazy weekend ...


I've been running for 100 hours straight ... welcome to my crazy weekend ...

Thursday night ... dress rehearsal for Matt and Lindsay's wedding ... later on that night, church planting meeting at Paul's house ... we packed 38 people into one living room ... we're planting our Sunday morning church in 10 weeks ... amazing ...

Friday night ... Matt and Lindsay's wedding ... came home to hang with family ...

Saturday ... Hackfest Golf Marathon 2008 ... I teamed up with Pete Metz, Jason Jones and my brother Benji ... we had a great time hacking at balls and digging balls out of creeks ... I think I could really get into this golf thing ... aren't pastors supposed to be golfers ... like Rick Pitcher ... over all, we raised over $18,000 for our new church plant ... thanks guys ...

Sunday Night ... spoke at the Stirring ... Jenna led worship ... Alyssa's water broke ... Sean wore a Diego backpack ... we had an awesome time of worship and prayer ...

I prayed for a guy who came to the Stirring with his friend for the first time ... this is the first time he's ever experienced God ... another guy came running up to me ... he said, "I have no idea what's happening to me, for the past four weeks, when I come to church, all I can do is cry" ... God's changing him into a new person ... I've known this guy for a year, and for the first time, I can see joy in his eyes ... I prayed with a girl who grew up in church, but she's never really met God ... she wants to know God ... God is so outrageously good ...

now it's sabbath ... I'm going to sit around all day and do nothing ... and then mow my lawn ...

No comments: