Saturday, August 16, 2008

everyone has a book in them ...


so, I’ve been thinking about writing my first book … it seems like everyone else is writing a book …

Dan’s writing his first book, “Born in the Pew” …

My dad’s writing his first leadership book, “Accelerate” …

Bill Giovannetti just finished his first book, “How to keep your Inner Mess from Trashing your Outer World” …

Trisha Wheeler is working hard on her creative writing project, “Painting on Wings and Clouds” …

John Klein just told me about his upcoming autobiography, “Like an Angel” …

and I can't wait to read Dave Reichle's most recent book ... "the Sixth Love Language" ... I think Aaron Morkert's co-writing a couple chapters ...

and of course, Jeff Yoder’s writing his Christian novel, “Jesus and the Amish” … it releases this December …

To be honest, I’m not sure if I’m a ‘book’ kind of guy, but one of my professors once said, “everyone has a book in them” … I have no idea what that means, but I think I’ll give it a shot anyways …

So, I need a name for my first book … any thoughts? …

I was thinking about calling it, “When Heaven Invades Earth,” but someone told me it’s already taken …

16 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

my dad wrote a book... something about fishing...

Billy Matthews said...

I too am in the middle of a book. Its a love story about an insecure teenager who gets bit by a radioactive spider and then aquires super-human powers. The book deals with him coming of age and wrestling with his new abilities. Have not titled it yet

Klein said...

Start of with a "prayer of Jabez" size book. Small, few pages, and you can still sell it for 9.99

Anonymous said...

its funny how the blog right after the one where you complain about writing a 4659 word paper is about wanting to write a book... I hope it has more than 4659 words though.. i think it must have at least 5000 to be a book... and Pictures... lots of pictures. . . I would buy that book. . . and maybe even read it.

I like the idea you told me a while ago... Is that what you were thinking... If so, it would be WAY better than Dans book ;)

patrick hardy said...

I think that you should title it DINODIA.. The word that is in the picture above. What does that even mean?. Maybe that could be the extended title of the book "DINODIA what does that even mean?."

Anonymous said...

"Heaven Now..."
by Nathan Edwardson

A Zondervan Publication


I can already see it.. haha. see you tomorrow

JUAN said...

you can write a biography about me.. and call it " Thick and Thin.... a journey with a white mexican"..

I think you and I would both agree, although that is a joke it would change peoples lives...

Jenna said...

My love language is sarcasm.
Why don't you start with a persuasive essay and build a book around it?

Leah said...

Funny, Josh and I were just talking about how you should write a book; I think you should call it "Become a Better You" and put your smiling face on the cover.

Oh, wait, that's already been done.

Amy said...

Go for it. I will be sure to read it!

Cory Eighan said...

A book eh...

Title should be "Awesome" since you say that the most. Plus God is awesome...

trisha loves to paint said...

nice title for my book...I suppose I should get right on it then!

Jeff Yoder said...

Nate,
I've been thinking of titles for your book...please feel free to use any or all of them.

"Awkard Conflict...Yum!"
"Seriously, My Fillings Are Gold"
"Tiki Tiki Christina"
"Mmmmmmmmm, get 'em"

Jeff Yoder said...

Somedays I really wish you lived down the street and we could all hang out and play a game where we try to make each other laugh.

Jeff Yoder said...

"Shoot The Moon"

jered said...

Smile real big on the cover and talk about things like "you need to learn to stop being a victim and being a victor."

You can make it mostly about Erica, though, and call it ...

"Your Best Wife Now"