Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I will never forget ...


I will never forget ...

1) My first date with Erica ... we took a walk across the train bridge over Caldwell Park ... I wanted to kiss her ... we held hands and smelled fresh Redding air ... romantic, until the train came ... I panicked ... we almost died ...

2) Wolfman ... I'm not sure how it all came about ... it was someone's bachelor party ... we drove out to a lonely, dark road ... we parked our cars and took off all our clothes ... all ten of us ... naked and white ... we huddled in a circle in the middle of the road ... we waited ... 10 minutes later, a car came slowly down that road ... it's headlights shining brightly upon us ... crouching in a tight circle on that dark road, we pretended to be eating a dead animal carcass ... then we ran quickly into the forest ...

3) of course, 9/11 ... my father called me early in the morning ... he was freaking out and breathing heavily ... "America is under attack" ... I thought it was joke ... so, I hung up the phone and I went back to bed ... 10 minutes later, he called again ... this time, I believed him ... I ran upstairs and turned on the television ... my wife, dave reichle, john klein and aaron morkert watched the airplane crash into the second tower ... awful feeling ...

4) Genesis Weekend ... the year God became more important than Night Life ... Sean Bagley crawling in sand ... Jeff Yoder dancing with flags ... Sarah pours blue paint over a canvas ... Richie Masadas screams, "I'm thirsty" ... it freaked me out ... seriously, I was not expecting that ... and then people start screaming and running toward a huge bucket near the front stage ... wow ... no wonder they went back to Night Life ...

5) Exit San Francisco ... my first band ... peter, joel, jathen, courtney and ben ... and somehow, I ended up the lead singer ... jumping and kicking all over the stage ... like an idiot ... with my freakin' weird long hair ... what was I thinking? ... one question ... where the heck is Peter Marshall? ...

3 comments:

Klein said...

Priceless!

Your comment when we saw the two towers burning. I'll save you the humiliation and never tell anyone what you said.

nathan said...

I'm probably glad I don't remember ...

Trevor said...

Dude, the wolfman things sounds priceless. I couldn't imagine being the person who witnessed that.