Tuesday, August 12, 2008

oh, that Georgia ...

my wife and I were working out yesterday ... I can bench about 90 ... yes, I'm stronger than I look ...

after working my biceps and neck muscles, I jumped onto the cardio machine ... and as I worked my calves and my gluts, I began watching television ... CNN ...

and then, breaking news ... the Russians are in Georgia with guns, 35 miles from the capital ... the Russians, in Georgia ... and I'm watching live video ... Russians attacking innocent people with guns and weapons and blowtorches ... in Georgia ... my heart begins pounding ... I'm freaking out ... the Russians are in Georgia ...

my wife was working her calves and gluts about 4 machines across the room ... I turned off my I-Pod and yelled across the gym to her, like a crazy man ... "Erica, the Russians are in Georgia" ... everyone in the gym hears me ... I'm pointing violently toward the televisions, a look of terror and on my face ... she's confused, but begins tracking with the CNN story ... yep, the Russians are attacking Georgia ...

this whole time, I'm convinced the Russians are in the United States, in Georgia, attacking our country, 35 miles from the capital ... and then, 5 minutes later, it hits me ... oh, that Georgia ... amazing ... I quietly finished my work out ... true story ...

17 comments:

JUAN said...

haha.. awesome..

sidenote*

CNN...MSNBC.. Will always throw you off with their anti-american crap....

Good thing you're smart and gettin' your masters..

Rebecca Gafner said...

I am still reeling from us being attacked....what just happened??

Unknown said...

fighting is stupid, there are plenty of peaches for everybody...

trisha loves to paint said...

oh nate...

--- Billy Brown said...

i second Trisha

Rosetta Borgic said...

Oh my. That is freakin hilarious. Poor Nate.

Candace said...

Best story I've heard all day!

Shannon said...

I juat laughed so hard and all day I have been dropping the F bomb...I so needed to hear that! I am glad the Russians aren't in Georgia because I am in Atlanta

Klein said...

This entry is now ranked number one out of all the blogs you have written so far. Beautiful!! Plus its true, which makes it funny. Cause its true.

You have to love the transparency

jered said...

@klein -- sounds like your next "top 5" should be nate's best blog entries.

@nate -- good to see you this morning. I had an amazing experience there this morning. Since I am a blogger, I blogged it. Also since I am a blogger, I won't tell you about it, but instead tell you to "go read my blog."

Leah said...

That is hilarious; don't feel bad, I saw it on CNN, too, and was caught off guard for like 5 seconds...

Cory Eighan said...

Man, this is as good as the stories of Kendall

KalynRebecca said...

peaches... that's awesome.

i heard on the radio this morning that Russia is comparing this invasion with what we, the USA, did after 9/11. They (apparently the entire entity of Russia has learned how to speak... there were no names mentioned, just "Russia") said its what any civilized nation would do. to which I promptly replied (to my radio) that the USA is not in fact a civilized nation at the moment.

glad to know Nate's on the alert, in case someone decides to attack the other Georgia...

Klein said...

Georgia is always messing with countries. They don't want Russia in their area along with Ray Charles and his funky singing.

Billy Matthews said...

Bravo. That was funny. I read it out loud for my wife and mom

Anna said...

Everyone in Starbucks turned around and stared at me yesterday when Billy told me this story. I laughed so hard and so loud... it probably made everyone feel uncomfortable. So I'm guessing geography wasn't one of your best subjects. ;)

Jenna said...

the Russians, in Georgia! Phew, good thing Nathan Kelps is safe and sound in China....
Don't know what the U.S. swim team would do if anything ever happened to him!