Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the church plant ...


so, just hours ago we walked through the space for our Sunday morning church plant ... we, meaning Sean Gafner, Dan Lance and myself ... we couldn't be more excited about this space for our church plant ... it's perfect ...

brick building ... A frame church ... stained glass windows ... and of course, blue pews ... simply Old School ... and not to mention the grand piano ... fantastic ...

we've got 8 weeks to plant this church ... to pray ... to get the team ready ... to raise $30,000 ... no problem ...

please pray that God gives us favor in this new community ... we've already been praying for the families and couples and children that God will bring into our lives this coming year ... as we plant this new church, the last thing we want is a church filled with more Christians, especially from other churches ...

more than anything, we need God ... we need God to give us wisdom and courage ... we need God to fill us with His Spirit ... the prophet Zechariah writes, 'not by strength, not by might, but by My Spirit says the Lord" ... we are crying out to God for the impossible ... we're crying out to God for a generation ... and in 8 weeks, we'll be crying out to God from blue pews ...

8 comments:

JUAN said...

awesome!

tell your momma...

Jenna said...

i already told mine... but she prefers pink...

Anonymous said...

weird... your sitemeter says 6666 right now... and im reading your bolg on the church plant... Im just a bit freaked out right now. . . strange..

Leah said...

Pews....didn't I recommend pews to you once? I just never thought you'd go out and get blue ones....

Klein said...

Weird. I remember back in the early 80's when my parents had to start a church with a 1000 bucks. How times have changed.

JUAN said...

I'm not sure that times have changed....

I can start a Church with no money... but considering the formats that our generation likes to use.. we respect that things cost a few thousand dimes and nickels.. and believe that God will provide... in which he has....

Kari said...

I did tell my momma!! I think my whole family is going to go!!! They haven't been a part of a church in almost 2 years!!

JUAN said...

see kari is on it!!

Tell your momma...