Tuesday, August 19, 2008

heroes ...


so, a week ago, my wife and I rented the first episode of heroes, season one ...

no one recommended it ... no one raved about it ... I just walked by the movie aisle, saw it sitting lonely on the shelf, and I brought it home ... I guess I've been going through a super-hero stage in my life ... in fact, a couple of weeks ago, I went out and bought two new t-shirts ... yep, the Incredible Hulk and the Marvel Super Team ... and then I tried to fly off the roof ...

anyways, 7 days later, we've almost finished the whole first season ... we have two episodes left ... absolutely amazing ... my favorite of all the television series ...

Alias was cool, until season 4 ... we tried watching lost ... one word, LOST ... we watched 5 seasons of 24 in a row ... if you think Jack is dead, you don't know Jack ... and then we watched the first two seasons of Prison Break ... we loved it ... it reminded me of high school ...

but so far, nothing compares to Heroes ... brilliant story, cinematography and special effects ... and deep down, every one of us wants to be a hero ... save the cheerleader, save the world ...

13 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Funny you should mention Heroes... I'm currently on disk 6 of season 1... I've got to be honest, I'm kind of struggling with following the whole thing. It is pretty amazing though!

OH, and I now own season 3 of Prison Break if you and Erica ever want to borrow it!

thelains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thelains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thelains said...

We did season 1 of Heroes, but never went on...and I don't know if we could find it out here in Mongolia. LOST is still our series though!
skype?

Unknown said...

heroes is our favorite! we never watched season one. then, we watched season 2 and got so hooked, went back and watched season 1 and now we are literally counting down until season 3 starts! you are so right about the cinematography and the story lines are so detailed. i am not even a 'superhero' type of movie person, but this show is amazing.

want to come over and watch it with us sometime? oh, wait, that won't work out will it???

hannahrae said...

loved heroes season one!

but seriously save yourself the grief and don't watch season 2...it made me so angry i didn't even watch the final episode. and i was obsessed with season one and i mean obsessed.

Candace said...

LOVE HEROES! Next to the Office it's my absolute favorite. Bobby and I were obsessed with season one but had a baby and missed season two. But we decided to get caught up online and I stayed up till 1am one night just watching all of them! I'd have to disagree with Hannah a little and say I liked season 2 as well. Better get caught up. Season 3 starts on Sep. 22!!!

Sarah said...

I pretty much echo Emily here..we've been watching it together and honestly we get a bit bored when these "heroes" start talking..we often find ourselves texting, emailing, and talking when we really should be paying attention..so far this show has not won us over..but we do have 2 more discs.....

JUAN said...

Man! if we were this passionate about scripture..... can you imagine.... comments like..

"dude, I just read the Old Testamen... fencing, fighting.. revenge ...True love.. what a great season.. can't wait til season two.. the New Testament... grace, forgiveness, character.....love..wow!!!!"

Julie and I are watching season 3 of Prison Break... thanks Emily!

Klein said...

Already Nate,

Usually you are in 'the know', but you have really missed it when it comes to Heroes.
Great Premise, Horrible dialogue writing.

I have watched both seasons, and will probably watch the third, but it probably ranks number 10 out of the 10 shows i watch (not counting college football and NBA games).

In the next few days, i'll try to set you straight and give you the best shows on TV today, on my blog so you don't waste to much of your time watching this rubbish.

Redeem the time, for the days are EVIL!

Jenna said...

i absolutely agree nate..

that's why i'm forcing emily and sarah to persevere through season one... heroes persevere!

Rebecca Gafner said...

Nobody recommended it my butt!!! We've been hooked since night one, and thats ALL we talk about!!!

Leah said...

We LOVE Heroes and were following it with the Gafners for a little while there; it's amazing and anyone who says otherwise has no imagination.