Friday, August 15, 2008

4,659 words later ...

two minutes ago, I turned in my Greek exegetical paper for Tozer Seminary ...

17 pages, 4,659 words, 12 sources, 32 citations and 114 hours later ... I'm finally finished ... seriously, I thought about quitting seminary 14 times ... and throwing my laptop computer from the top of that strange, 2 million dollar, Simpson bell tower ...

for the past two weeks, I've practically lived in the Simpson library ... depressing ... I thought about bringing a sleeping bag and camping out in the silent study area ... I've read 10 commentaries ... I've had the strangest conversations with Bethel students ... I know every librarian by name ... I took two naps on those huge bean bags ... I thought about stealing one, but I didn't think it would fit in my trunk ...

anyways, I'm looking forward to the greatest weekend ever with my family ... and designing the rock wall for the kids fort in my backyard ...

3 comments:

Candace said...

Poop. And yet again, Bobby is out of town. Have fun with the rock wall. Maybe I'll come over and help. Or at least hang out with Erica.

Oh yeah, and congratulations on finishing your paper. That takes a lot of hard work. Way to go!

Klein said...

Two things:

First, everyone wants to know about the crazy talk with the Bethel kids.

Two, Shawn Bagley once told me and my dad that there were demons around the bell tower at Simpson, and asked what we should do as students. My dad responded, "Ignore them"

jered said...

Nathan,

A long paper.
Disregard for expensive electronics.
Cynicism at Simpson's building ventures.
Living in the library.
Sleeping on a beanbag.

Wasn't this blog entry from 1997?