Monday, August 25, 2008

the greatest 90's rock albums ever ...


i woke up at 9:56 am ... the best morning of my life ... i love sleeping in ... like it's my job ...

this morning, my daughters dressed up like princesses and we danced ... we danced and frolicked around the living room ... but when we dance, we must have the perfect dancing music ... most of the time it's Josh Groban or the Beach Boys, but this morning I threw on the Cranberries ... amazing dance music ... my daughters love the Cranberries ... fantastic princess dancing music ...

so, all day I've been thinking about the greatest 90's rock albums ever ... here it goes ...

#5 ... Nirvana ... Nevermind ... these guys have always been role models to me ...

#4 ... Pearl Jam ... Ten ... i memorized every song on this ablum ... the greatest album ever until Radiohead released the Bends ...

#3 ... DC Talk ... Jesus Freak ... finally, Christians had permission to be freaks ... thanks for being bold with this ablum ... i saw DC Talk on their Jesus Freak tour in San Diego ... the first Christian mosh pit ever ...

#2 ... Counting Crows ... August and Everything After ... so many high school memories ... my blue topaz ... cross country ... the cafeteria ... being duct taped to the school flag pole ...

the #1 greatest 90's rock album ever ... Radiohead ... the Bends ... i admit, I was a bit obsessed with Radiohead ... they gave me the nickname, 'Radioheadwardson' ... not cool ... i just liked the music ...

7 comments:

sarah said...

I agree with all of them except for #2...should have been #6...

Perhaps Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Beastie Boys would have been better options...or even Stone Temple Pilots or Alice 'n Chains...

(and I memorized the Pearl Jam Album too...it spoke to the heart...)

Cory Eighan said...

only music I remember from the 90's were the boy bands...like Hansen with their mmm Bops

JUAN said...

I think some people are going to be a little angry Bono isn't in your greatest 90's rockbands ever... But then again Bono isn't that far from Cobain either...

At least you didn't fall to any of that peer pressure from people twisting your arm and telling you just to give in and agree....

Good thing we all look to Jesus rather than a bunch of uneducated rock stars.... Wait... there is Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morrello that graduated from Harvard... ummm.... yeah

Speaking of Harvard.. Obama did well in the law institution... In fact he became the schools president.. I'm sure he had lots of fun spinning around in that really cool office chair...

Klein said...

In regards to your new picture. I'd rate you a 6.5 and Erica a 9.5.

Good job. You always were a high achiever

The Beaverette said...

I LOVE your new picture. Erica looks amazing and you look like " who is this hot chick hugging me and why is that person taking our picture!" lol!

Candace said...

I agree. The Cranberries are awesome dance music. Love the new look of the blog.

Steve said...

Greetings from Mexico!!

Yeah, Pearl Jam's Ten is very underrated!! \m/

I'm a Christian too :)
God bless!!