Tuesday, August 26, 2008

tuesday 'take my daughter to school' day ...


yes, it's official ... tuesday is 'take my daughter to school' day ... we wake up early ... we brush our teeth ... we throw down waffles and yogurt ... we throw on our backpacks ... and we're off to school ...

this morning, I tried to drop her off in the parking lot ... but she threw a fit and made me walk her all the way to her classroom ... holding her hand ... skipping all the way ... unbelievable .... the sacrifices we make as dads ...

and in the parking lot, yep, we passed good old Dan and Zeke ... holding hands and skipping, too ... what a beautiful picture of a father & son bonding ...

this afternoon, our Stirring Staff spent 5 hours locked up in a small room in Yaks ... freezing cold ... we laughed and dreamed and shivered and drank large amounts of coffee ... I can't wait to jump into fall and to plant this Sunday morning church ... it's fantastic to be alive ... it's 9 pm ... I'm still shaking from the coffee ...

4 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

I almost crashed that meeting... its a long story, ask Emily. but in the end we decided it wasnt really necessary...

Leah said...

I like the pic of you and Erica.

Klein said...

Are you getting buff again? Remember when Derrick and I really first got to know you in the work out room next the the Simpson gym. Those were the days... Remember...


2/3 of the arm is tricep. Don't spend to much time on the bicep. It's like spending to much time in the Old Testament

Billy Matthews said...

My tuesday is a bit different. Jonas and Lilly drop me off at school. Jonas points at my classroom door and says in a stern voice, "Daddy schoo!" I reluctantly enter to be greeted by 42 insecure freshman.