Tuesday, September 2, 2008

superheroes ...

yes, I've been having dreams lately about superheroes ... it's great ... sometimes I'm flying ... sometimes I'm regenerating ... sometimes I'm traveling through the time/space continuum ... and then I wake up and I'm standing in my boxers at the edge of my bed ready to jump ... and my wife is staring at me ... but she can't see me, because I'm invisible ...

my wife and I are 4 episodes into season 2 ... so far, a bit disappointing ... I guess the writers were on strike, which makes sense, because the writing sucks ... but of course, we keep watching anyways ... were bored and addicted Americans ...

also, I've been reading through the book of Acts the past few days ... fantastic ... kind of like heroes, but with the risen Jesus ...

the book of Acts just floors me ... if you haven't read it lately, read it tonight ... just read it and see how God speaks to you ...

I've been praying this Acts 4 prayer for our church ... that God would enable us to speak His word with great boldness, that God would stretch out His hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of Jesus ...

after they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken ... and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly ...

Acts 4:29-31 ...

3 comments:

Klein said...

Come ON!! Now your preaching!

JUAN said...

Nate,

you know what that means.... right?

Klein said...

3 comments. Not bad. Except that two are from me, and one is from my friend Juan.