Monday, September 8, 2008

watch out Myriad ...


today, my 5 year old daughter Ava Louise wrote her first song ... we were hanging out ... she said, "Dad, let's write a song" ... she brought me a pad and a pen ... in just minutes, she threw down the lyrics to this song ... and I wrote them down, word for word ... absolutely brilliant ... takes notes, Uncle Jeremy ...

You are like the sun
You made my hands, You made my toes
Everywhere I look, I see Your face
By Your hand, we are all fed

Thank You Jesus for the world I have
Thank You that I have You
Thank You Jesus

Thank You Jesus for my life
You made the rain, You made the stars
Everywhere I look, I see Your face
By Your love, we are all Your children


we gathered around the piano and knocked out some chords ... Ava asked if I would play her song at the Stirring ... I replied, "of course" ... I'll have to teach it to Jacob and Jenna ... what a great day ... my daughter the song writer ... I guess it runs in the family ...

featured above is the artwork for Ava's first song ...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Go Ava!!!

Kelly Koolhoven said...

Wow.

Meghan said...

great. another musician in the family. just what the edwardsons need! maybe one of your kids will be like auntie meg with not a single musical bone in her body. haha. j/k.
tell ava i can't wait to hear her song. seriously. maybe jeremy can record her in the studio.

Unknown said...

that is hilarious. it must be a kindergarten thing. eden made up a song the other day that cracked me up. she said: i love god more than money. god loves us. when god comes to us, he will worship us.
i nearly died laughing. you can totally use that one at the stirring if you like, although ava's seems more appropriate! :-)

Yori said...

Sweet. Im stoked. When are u getting ur little girl in "uncle Jeremys" studio for the CD labled "watch our Myriad" a solo EP by Ava Edwardson? Oh, I'll help set up for the release party. But seriously, that so awsome Nate, im encouraged.