Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stirring tonight ...


I'm never sure what to blog about my evenings at the Stirring ... should I stay surfaced and cordial, or do I invite everyone into my strange, pastor world? ...

I love our church ... not the building or the coffee or the stickers ... I really love the people God has placed in our church ... they floor me with their passion for God ... they are so loyal and generous and encouraging and faithful ... I'm so grateful for such an amazing community of couples and families and students and children ...

I spoke at the Stirring tonight ... but tonight was a bit different for me ... I was nervous to speak (which happens most of time) ... but this week, my hands were trembling during worship ... I felt His kind presence with me ... and yet, I felt so nervous in my spirit ... almost felt like the fear of the Lord ... literally, at one point, I fell on my knees, shaking ... I felt so weak and I began praising God ... immediately, I was drawn to the words of Paul ...

I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling ... my message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power ...

1st Corinthians 2:3-6


that's my prayer for our church ... as my Grandpa always says, "we need God" ... I agree ...

it's 11:35 pm ... just finished watching the last episode of Heroes, Season 2 ... we're ready for Villians ... bring it on ...

3 comments:

sarah said...

Say no to surfaced and cordial and yes to strange, pastor world! :)

Kelly Koolhoven said...

Bummed I missed Sunday night...looking forward to that podcast...
I want to know what you thought of Heroes S2...

JUAN said...

You say I speak matters that are "weird" and yet you live in a "strange pastor world". Seems we have something in common...

Meet me in "wonderland"?

Love you bro!