Sunday, September 21, 2008

what's up with vampires?

what's up with vampires? ... all these vampire books ... all these vampire films ... all over town, grown men wearing vampire teeth and costumes ... my friends are sleeping in vampire coffins ... did I miss something? ... when did vampires become so popular ... I'm so confused ...

yesterday, my wife was talking on the phone with her friend (rebecca gafner) ... and Erica's going on and on about this guy Edward and I can't figure out who she's talking about ... Edward this and Edward that and on and on and on ... who's this freaking Edward fellow? ... and so I interrupt my wife on the phone ... who's Edward? ... and yep, she's talking about some vampire guy from her vampire book ... unbelievable ...

so, I've decided to be a vampire for Halloween ... or a clown ... or a clown vampire ... creepy ...

anyways, just got back from the Stirring ... we have such an amazing church ... I am so grateful for such a bold and courageous team ... I couldn't be more proud of the men and women and families and couples and children and students God has brought into our community ... they are so real and passionate and loving ...

we love ... I can't wait for the t-shirts ... I can finally show off my chest hair ...

3 comments:

Rebecca Gafner said...

Ok...fist, if your gonna be a vampire, you gotta be Edward....and second, vampires are NOT creepy, they are good....Edward loves Bella, a human...see? Good vampires. Don't knock vampires Nathan....and third, GREAT night last night!!

--- Billy Brown said...

Nate, we're pals, but if you rock a clown suit we're going to have serious problems.

And it's Friday.

Yori said...

For starters, I wouldnt mind sleeping in a coffen. I know its creepy, but who (other then Paul) get to say they sleept in a coffen and woke up? Second, how about you be a vampire, Erica could be a clown and your kids could be vampire clown children?