Tuesday, September 16, 2008

enjoying mondays ...


my day off ...

I woke up this morning at 9:58 am and realized I have 1000 things to do ... fix the lawnmower ... mow the lawn ... weedeat the lawn ... fertilize the lawn ... take movies back to Hollywood video ... fix my scooter ... buy a hubcap for my Mirage ... get my bike back from sean ... put air in the tires ... buy bark for the kids playground ... get friends with wheelbarrows to help me wheelbarrow bark from the street to the back yard this Saturday ... get stuff ready for the church garage sale ... plant a church in 4 weeks ...

but today, I did nothing ... I woke up late ... I worked out ... I laid on the couch and watched a lame movie ... I read a couple chapters of McLaren's book 'A New Kind of Christian' ... I took my kids to Jamba Juice ... I fed the parakeet ... (oh yeah, we have a parakeet) ... we ate dinner with the Gafner's ... we enjoyed Pumpkin Ice Cream ... I spent time with my wife ... I blogged ...

4 comments:

JUAN said...

birds and cats under one roof... what is to become of it?


“I feel like a fundamentalist who’s losing his grip--whose fundamentals are cracking and fraying and falling apart and slipping through my fingers. It’s like I thought I was building my house on rock, but it turned out to be ice, and now global warming has hit, and the ice is melting and everything is crumbling” (p. 22).

So, when this Pastor ponders with himself about the conversations he's had with Neo and admits to himself that he is afraid that maybe the ideas this Neo guy has shared are corrupting him and turning him into a heretic. (page 26) What happens then?... he then turns and quenches the fear and proceeds down the path of error....

Instead of opening his dusty old Bible and seeking the face of God alone and finding out what God has to say in His Word and re-orienting himself to the eternal Word of God, instead of confiding in a man of God who believes the Bible, this evangelical pastor turns, in his hour of doubt, to a clever unbeliever and is led into the deepest error....

Cats and Birds.. things can get messy when we start to ignore the truth of an obvious clash...

I'll be praying for your bird..

The Beaverette said...

In Reply To Your Comment:
I am sorry I have to say four kids rock! I think every day it can't get better and yet it does!

idiot said...

Sweet! I have a wheelbarrow and shovel. Let me know when I get to move bark.

Emily Faulknor said...

You have a parakeet? What the heck?? Hey, weren't you going to write us an email? :)