Wednesday, September 17, 2008

date night ...


the perfect date night ...

we dropped the kids off at a friend's house ... jumped into the Oldsmobile ... all dressed up ... tight pants and a button up shirt ... I took my wife to that new restaurant Rivers ... we ate deep friend Gnocchi, Alaskan Halibut and Jerusalem Chicken Artichoke Pot Pie ...

and for dessert, we drove to Rite Aid for some chocolate malted crunch ice cream ... the best ice cream in the world ... (years ago, I was fired from Rite Aid for giving away free ice cream) ... back then we called it Thrifty's ... back in the good old days, when ice cream scoops were still 39 cents ...

and to end the most romantic night ever, we watched that Owen Wilson movie 'Drillbit Taylor' ... we laughed and laughed and laughed ... one of my favorite Owen Wilson movies ... and I loved him in Fight Club ...

this blogs over ... abierto ...

6 comments:

amy coverdale said...

aahh, chocolate malted crunch. I just introduced Jeremy to this maybe a month ago. How in the world did he grow up without thrifty's ice cream!?!? Jill and I used to walk up to thrifty's and get 39 cent scoops... love it. glad to see you and erica are getting some good quality time together in.. super important.. love you guys

Klein said...

Alright,
You had definantly fallen out of my top five friends (for obvious reasons) over the past 5 years. But I must say, you have totally redeemed yourself with the chocolate malted crunch statement.

I remember when i could get a scoup for a quarter. Those were the days. Hot august nights in Carlsbad, Ca.

Welcome back

JUAN said...

I rewound the part where the kid freestyle raps against the bully like 10 times... I laughed so hard.. Great movie.

Erica said...

It was a great date night babe. I love being with you.

Cory Eighan said...

Someone else finally loves chocolate malted crunch ice cream as much as I do...

Annie said...

I may be totally dating myself but I remember when Thrifty ice cream was 10 cents a scoop! Those were good times.