Tuesday, September 23, 2008

tuesdays ...


tuesdays are great ... Dan threatened me during staff meeting, but I'll get to that later ...

first, I take my daughter to school ... it's 'take my daughter to school tuesdays' ... and every day, she makes me walk her all the way to class ... i'm such a proud father ... hand in hand with my beautiful daughter ...

and then I'm off to Starbucks to hang with God and Dan ... but not today ... Meghan and Dan and I had a urgent meeting at the office this morning at 9 a.m. ... we're planting a Sunday morning Stirring in 18 days ... there's so much to do ... we freaked out ... then pulled it together ... then freaked out a bit more ...

we drove to shirt zone and ordered 229 'we love' shirts ... the bomb ... v-necks and crew cuts and night gowns and kids shirts and onesies ... amazing ... can't wait to show off Asher's chest hair ...

lunch at Tai Cafe ... drunken noodles and evil prince ... good old times ...

off to Yaks coffee shop for Tuesday staff meeting ... Jacob and Hannah joined us today ... 10 of us around one little table ... thanking God, drinking coffee and talking about the elephant in the church ... today we laughed more than anything ... I think we needed it ...

and then I started talking about Heroes and season three and Mohinder and Sylar and Adam Monroe ... now, Dan is still watching season one and he was getting frustrated ... but I kept talking and talking and talking ... so Dan threatened me ... "if you keep talking about Heroes, I'll shank you in the shower" ...

don't mess with Dan ... three words ... bald, tattoos and shank ...

7 comments:

Jeff Yoder said...

I just downloaded that font.

I love it.

--- Billy Brown said...

"bald, tattoo, and shank..."

...I'm much more concerned about the words "in the shower"...

...

Emily Faulknor said...

Haha, that's what I was thinking Billy! Nathan, I want one of those shirts, please let me know how I can get one here in San Diego and support the cause.

rev rock said...

don't test me!
it's a little weird...i'm not gonna lie...but drastic measures call for drastic action!

JUAN said...

there are showers at the church.... Dan might have meant that.

Jenna said...

someone had to threaten you with shanking... you were gonna spoil the whole thing!

John Miller said...

shank just became my new favorite word. shank. cool.