Friday, September 5, 2008

we love. we make disciples.


it's 12:47 a.m.

I just finished a short film I've been working on this week for Sunday night ... I can't wait to show it ... seriously, there's nothing I enjoy more than creating and producing films ... and spending time with my kids ... and eating my wife's enchiladas (just in case my wife is reading this blog) ...

when I was 10 years old, my father bought me a video camera ... one of those heavy old school video cameras ... and for 10 years, I shot over 50 short films with my brothers ... crazy films ... Indiana Edwardson ... Rollerman ... the Paperboy ... music videos ... school projects ... I lived behind that camera ...

over the next few years, I want to carve out more and more time to create short films ... in fact, Drew Maw and I are talking about producing a short film for Erase the Dark, our film festival this coming February ...

anyways, this Sunday night, we begin a new 5 week series ... we love, we make disciples ... we believe this is why God has placed the Stirring community in Redding ... we want to spend the next 5 years living these 5 words ...

I can't wait to spend the next few weeks calling our church to give their lives to what matters most ...

read the book of Acts ... for the next few weeks, we're going to live in the book of Acts ...

3 comments:

JUAN said...

I've been bouncing back and forth between Acts and Romans... I won't be there this Sunday... Hopefully, you cut me from the video....

the lains said...

Maybe...you could send it to us...
theLains

Meghan said...

great video nate. loved it!