Tuesday, July 1, 2008

kids kingdom in my backyard ...


so, we finally did it ... this guy George Bush sent us a check in the mail and (of course), like every other impulsive American, we ran out and splurged ... God bless America ...

my wife and I just bought our children one of those ginormous Costco backyard playsets ... double wave slide ... twin lookout tower ... climbing wall ... triple swing ... picnic table ... tire swing ...

yep, of of those ridiculous Adventure playsets that every child dreams of, but no parents actually buy ... it just hangs there in Costco taunting every 5 year old ... and as they see it hanging there, every child cries, "daddy, can we buy one?" to which daddy replies, "maybe for Christmas" ... but of course, it's a lie ... because NO dad in his right mind would actually buy such a huge playset for his children ... except me ...

tonight, I measured off the backyard ... with some help (thanks eric and chris) ... we need 30 ft. by 30 ft. ... it's quite bigger than I thought ... it's almost bigger than my house ... we need to build a foundation with rocks and granite and bark and now I'm freaking out ... I thought I'd just read the instructions and tighten a few screws ... I'm way over my head ... it takes me an entire day to put together a desk ...

seriously, for the next 3 months I'm building 'kids kingdom' in my backyard ... if you want to help, we'll let your kids play on it ... all 50 of them ...

7 comments:

JUAN said...

I have a ton of free time...

If you need help, let me know.....

Jeff Yoder said...

I'll be over tomorrow. I'll bring all my tools with me; a hammer, and a screwdriver. I won't take that long. Leslie can stop by with the kids and bring over some dinner. Can't wait. See ya tomorrow.

KalynRebecca said...

good job stimulating the economy. i'd offer to help, but your backyard terrifies me... seriously, i think i almost got attacked by a squirrel...it was just sitting there with it's giant creepy eyes...maybe next time i'll sick the cat on it

Klein said...

Just hire a couple of mexicans to do it. See, you already have Juan to help.

Shannon said...

kids kingdom.....I am laughing so hard!

JUAN said...

haha... easy Klein.. if I' not mistaken, you're using the English version of my name...

Klein said...

haha. this is true. tu shey