Friday, July 4, 2008

our dog Trinity ...


8 years ago, I surprised my wife with a little Chihuahua named Neo ... John Klein (yes, the John Klein) and I drove 45 minutes to a Chihuahua farm ... hundreds of little Chihuahua's running around ... barking and shaking and breeding ... and I chose Neo and took him home ... on the way home, he threw up in my lap ... John laughed ...

a year later, we decided to breed Chihuahua's ... awful idea ... actually, I think it was Erica's idea ... so we journeyed back out to the Chihuahua farm ... hundreds of little Chihuahua's running around ... barking and shaking and breeding ... we chose Trinity and took her home ... of course, to breed and make lots of $ ...

and yet, over the years, Trinity's become our good friend ... our protector and loyal dog companion ...

this week, we found out that Trinity is sick ... and we took her to the doggy hospital ... she's sick and needs surgery ... it's not looking good ...

I prayed for her last night ... if God doesn't touch her little Chihuahua body, we may need to put her down ... this makes me very sad ... I'm asking God for a miracle ... I know Trinity's just a dog, but God loves dogs ... and God spelled backwards is dog ...

5 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

Awww! That's so sad :-( I'll be praying for Trinity. God has healed my doggies a fair few times over the years... God knows how ridiculously much we love our dogs... I hope you feel better Trinity!

Unknown said...

Dogs are part of God's common good grace to mankind...we will say a prayer.

JUAN said...

Dude, such a bummer to hear...... I'm sorry..

Klein said...

I'll be praying for Trinity. That little dog with three personalities. It doesn't make sense, and doesn't work logically but you get to know Trinity and you know its true

Anna said...

How sad!!! I hope that God heals her, I know that he can and that he loves her too.