Tuesday, July 29, 2008

thank you Walt Disney ...


we spent a week in San Clemente ... and then a couple of days in Sacramento with my folks ... great vacation ... I didn't realize how much I needed it ... I go and go and go and go ... and then crash, like that Dave Matthews song ...

Disneyland was epic ... we arrived early in the morning ... ran through Main Street to Star Tours (family tradition) ... Ava loved Star Tours ... she actually believes we flew in a spaceship to space ... amazing ...

then, of course, Space Mountain ... the biggest big kid ride at Disneyland ... I couldn't believe it, but Ava was actually tall enough ... 40 inches ... it's 8:30 am ... and we're in line for Space Mountain ... and Ava's never been on a roller coaster in her life, let alone in the dark ... she hated every minute of it ...

and Pirates of the Caribbean ... Ava freaked out ... she thought the Pirates were real ... Adiah and Asher loved it ... my brother Jeremy kept singing that old pirate song ... Asher thought Jeremy was a pirate ...

and then my girls dragged me into the Tiki Tiki Room ... awful ... my worst Disneyland experience ever ... crazy singing birds ... punch me in the Tiki ...

and then, as we were leaving the park ... yep, Tinkerbell comes flying down from the mountain over the Disney Castle ... I'll never forget the looks on the girls faces ... they adore Tinkerbell ... the perfect end to a happy Disney day ... Tinkerbell and fireworks and music and cheering and old men eating those chocolate covered bananas ...

thank you Walt Disney ...

8 comments:

rev rock said...

I once got a cramp in my tiki! Painful.

Klein said...

Remember that island at Disneyland with the caves. is that still there? they always smelled like pee. I loved those caves.

Also, that was a horrible joke Dan. I might need to take you off my top five favorite worship song blog because of that joke.

Viva la Vida

JUAN said...

growing up all I ever wanted to do is be an animator for Disney..... maybe I should still consider it..

Jeff Yoder said...

There were actually three Walt Disneys.

E-mail me if you want to know more.

Unknown said...

That picture of Ava is so cute. She and Eden would be great friends if they lived close to eachother!!!

Candace said...

Your blogs are the best. Glad you guys are back.

Klein said...

Yoder, getting me back for that Red Robin joke ehh...

no need to email you. there are four. L.A., Florida, Europe, Asia. haha.

There were three ark of the covenants though, check it out

Ex. 37:1-9 was made Bezaleel

Deut 10:1-5 was made by Moses

A third ark was commissioned by Solomon as a show ark so that the people would be able to see it at close hand (1 King 7:48-50).

And yes, Grizzly Adams did have a beard

thelains said...

they sell tiki here...its a delicacy!
theLains