Wednesday, July 2, 2008

the bloomin' onion ...


my wife and I spent the evening with the Lance's at the Outback Steakhouse ... home of the bloomin' onion ...

now, here's my confession ... I hate the bloomin' onion ... but for some reason, every time we go to Outback, we order the bloomin' onion ... every time ... I hate it ... Erica hates it ... Dan hates it ... Alyssa hates it ... it's awful ... but of course, we ordered it ... and we nailed it ... every last little bloomin' onion pedal ... we practically licked the bowl ... I'm never eating bloomin' onion again ... it's evil ...

tonight, grandma took the girls for the evening ... amazing ... a night all alone with my wife (and Asher) and the bloomin' onion aftertaste ... so I went out and rented the perfect movie for our romantic night together ... Sweeney Todd ... I think it's a musical ... erica loves musicals ...

this has been a crazy week ... lots of huge decisions to make regarding the Stirring and our vision and planting churches in the future ... I feel like I'm carrying the weight of a school bus ... loaded with children and huge rocks ...

I am so grateful for the amazing Stirring team that God has brought alongside us ... a couple of years ago, we felt very alone ... but over the past year, God has surprised us with so many amazing friends ... I love our church ... I wish Jeff Yoder was still on the worship team ...

3 comments:

Rosetta Borgic said...

We are praying for you - for the entire church plant plans. God is so good. I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Thanks for letting God work through you - so that we all can be shown how to let Him work through us. Amazing.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the bloomin' onion...but I too will never eat it again...(sad face)

rev rock said...

why doesn't Outback keep it real and just call that bad boy, "poop breath and sour stomach for a week."
I'm hurtin'!