Friday, July 18, 2008

an ode to patrick ...

hey all, there's a new game in town ... actually, it's more than just a game, it's a sport ... it's called Cornhole ...

a couple weeks ago, Patrick showed up at a BBQ with his very own Cornhole set ... 8 bags, and a couple holes ... that's it ... derrick fleck ... dan lance ... patrick hardy ... we played all night long ...

then tonight, Patrick shows up at Aaron Hayes BBQ ... yep, with his Cornhole set ... 8 bags, and a couple of holes ... we set up Cornhole in the alley behind Aaron's house ... good old times ... laughing and competing, and throwin' those bags into those holes ... one of the best nights of my life ... not to mention, I am the undefeated Cornhole champion ...

so, this blog is an ode to Patrick Hardy ... thanks for bringing Cornhole to town ... if you're a Cornhole playa, drop a comment on this blog ... life is short, but there's always Cornhole ...

4 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

How funny! My family and I played that when I was back east last weekend. It seems like a silly idea for a game but it's pretty addictive.

Steve Swinburne said...

We just played this on our church camping trip. This 76 year old guy pulled it out of his RV. Nobody used it too much because they were preoccupied with the water balloon launcher I brought. Nothing like a water balloon launcher with a 300 ft. range to make a party fun.

Jenna said...

Um... wow... we call it bean bag. My family has played this for the last 4 years everytime we get together or bbque. I'm not gonna lie, I'm quite proficient. We should be cornhole parters. It's all in the wrist flick, the flat spining bag is key.

Unknown said...

All Hail the Cornhole!

wait... that sounds bad...

Hope you are well, brother.

Matty