Monday, April 28, 2008

rain


I'm writing a new song ... I have the chords, but no lyrics ... verse: f, f/am, f/b, f ... chorus: am, f, c, em ... bridge: (I can't give that away) ... don't steal it ...

some songs come overnight, while others are written over years ... a few years, I wrote a song called 'send your rain' ... it was late one night ... I couldn't sleep ... I drove to the church and climbed up on the grand piano ... in my boxers ...
 
it was 3 o 'clock in the morning and it began to rain outside ... the first rain of the year ... so, what do you do when it rains outside? ... yep, you sing about the rain ... so, I wrote a song about the rain ... 'send your rain, I am ready' ... 

I mean, come on ... every great songwriter writes a hit song about rain ... 'rain down' (delirous) ... 'rain' (the Beatles) ... 'who'll stop the rain' (creedence) ... 'louisiana rain' (tom petty) ... 'rain' (madonna) ... 'purple rain' (prince) ... 'chocolate rain' (tay zonday) ...

you can't stop the rain ... I'll let you know when I finish this song ...  

9 comments:

rev rock said...

blame it on the rain (rip Milli Vanilli)

trisha loves to paint said...

i can't believe you included chocolate rain...

Shannon said...

Can you stand the rain... New Edition

Amanda said...

Like the Rain- Clint Black

the lains said...

just sending love....we are in the middle of our travels and looking fwd to our time together...
much love
larry
aka theLains

B.Rubble said...

O NO YOU DI'INT! (Neck roll mandatory, eye roll at your discretion) You DI'INT bring up milli vanilli...I mean..why Rev? It's...uncalled for..Now I have the song stuck in my head..AND THEY NEVER EVEN PERFORMED IT..I'm not sure WHO I'm listening to in my head now...Confused. OW! My brain...thanks Rev...You'll be fixing this tonight at life group.

Anonymous said...

Elvis wrote many songs about rain.. I think 3 or 4.

but I would like to point out two in particular..
Ace of base-Every time it rains...and
Bette Midler-Buckets of rain......

KalynRebecca said...

why is the rain only coming down underneath the umbrella? (and why didn't I notice that the first time I saw that picture?)

Jeff Yoder said...

November Rain - Guns N Roses