Monday, April 14, 2008

the burn pile



I woke up early ... at 9 a.m. ... because life is too short to sleep in ...

I took my wife on a date to the gym ... curls and bench press and crunches ... healthy and romantic ...

a couple hours later, I traveled outside with my rake and boots ... as most of you know, the month of April is a 'burn' month ... with a 'burn permit', you can burn leaves and sticks and piles and wood ... my backyard is a 'burn pile' waiting to happen ... if you've been in my backyard, you know exactly what I'm talking about ... I spent about 3 hours today raking branches and leaves into a ginormous 'burn pile' ...

and then suddenly, a wind storm all around me ... wind and clouds and thunder ... apparently, it's not wise to burn massive piles of leaves in a wind storm ... so, I'm officially canceling the burn ... yep, the burn is off ... bummer ... I guess there's always tomorrow ... the 'burn pile' isn't going anywhere ...

tonight, a couple friends are coming over for a quaint BBQ ... in a wind storm ... perfect ... the one night we throw a BBQ ... tri-tip, potato salad, iced tea, wind and lightning and tiny dirt tornados ... awesome ...

this has been the best day of my life ...

2 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

pyro...

i never seem to run into you guys at the gym anymore

Jenna said...

The storm cancelled my backpacking trip too.