Tuesday, April 22, 2008

honeymoon story

back in Orlando ... it's been a few years ...

my wife and I flew here eight years ago for our honeymoon ... amazing ... the beach ... the Florida keys ... alligators and dolphins ... oh yeah, and Disneyworld (where grown men dress up as Pirates and Mice) ...

a quick honeymoon story (don't worry) ... as a wedding gift, my father bought us 4 days and 3 nights at this romantic resort called the Aisle of Bali (in Orlando) ... huge rooms ... hot tubs ... Margaritas ... heaven on earth ... and you won't believe what happened next ...

one afternoon, my wife and I were hanging out in our room ... my wife 'just happened' to glance out our window toward the parking lot ... she turned to me and motioned toward the window ... "is that your dad?" ... I ran over to the window just in time to see my dad pulling his suitcase out of his rental car ... yep, my father was staying at the same resort ... unbelievable (and a bit awkward) ...

so, that night, he took us out to dinner at Bahama Breeze ... why not? ... it's only our honeymoon ...

what was my father doing in Orlando, anyways? ... I never asked ...

8 comments:

Anna said...

That's hilarious. I would have freaked if I saw my dad on my honeymoon, it's just too awkward. At least you got a free meal out of the deal. :)

Rosetta Borgic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosetta Borgic said...

Seriously? You didn't ask him what the heck?
So awkward!

Christian said...

this picture is creepy nate... oh and thanks for the Fresh stirring sticker on my car....

Anonymous said...

ha! thats such an Edwardson story!... My father also paid for a place for Amy and I to stay on our honeymoon... He didn't show up though... for some reason it would not have surprised me though... He would have already set up camp in the extra bedroom if he did though.. i can picture it in my head, how awkward.

Candace said...

What the H? How weird!

Shannon said...

You are so hilarious! You should tell the story of your wedding gift from Melissa Bauer

Jeff Yoder said...

Tiki Tiki Dad!
Tiki Tiki Kristina!
Tiki Tiki Weird!

Yoder