Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my wife's enchiladas

this morning, I devoured Acts 3 ... 

I love the book of Acts ... so many amazing stories of these first followers learning how to live and breath this Jesus life ... when I read the book of Acts, I find myself so drawn to the heart of God ... 

in this story, Peter and John are cruising up to the Temple to pray ... at 3 in afternoon ... this crippled man asks them for some money ... they're broke ... so instead of money, they pray for this guy and his leg gets healed ... 

Peter says, "silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give to you, in the name of Jesus Christ, walk" ... and Peter takes him by the hand and lifts him up ... that's it, and the guys walks ... and he praises God ... 

and so this week, may God open my eyes ... as I'm moving so quickly from here to there, I want to see the crippled ones all around me ... the discouraged ones ... the fearful ones ... the desperate ones ... the ready ones ...

and God, give me the boldness to take them by the hand and lift them up ... use me ... this is why I'm alive ... and may the world see Jesus in my life ... and may they praise God ... 

there's nothing I enjoy more than living this life with God ... and my wife's enchiladas ... 


  

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved this blog Nate.....I am praying the same thing.

B.Rubble said...

Nate. I love the way you "Personalize" the Bible. Reading your post I can actually "hear" your voice, kinda like "being John Malkovich" and seeing everything with the narrators voiceover. It's interesting...

Reading your blog answered a question for me though. Guess I have some things I need to "turn-over" and let God work on them.

Erica said...

I can't help but notice that my enchiladas beat me out under God. You might have just started an enchilada fast buddy.

Anna said...

My favorite part about this whole thing is Erica's comment! :)

Jason Day said...

What kind of car were Peter and John cruising in?

B.Rubble said...

Dude...you sooo never "rank" your wife's food..jeeeeez...you'll never win. Its rule number 617 (C) in the "Things not to do when Married" book..I've SO got to get you a copy of that...

Erica. I will glady consume any enchiladas that Nathan is not allowed to have. Call me. I'm there!