Monday, April 7, 2008

the longest blog


in this blog, I'm competing against Amy Coverdale for the longest blog ever ... her longest blog ever is 796 words ... 3 ginormous blogging paragraphs ... 2 delicious pictures ... let the blogging games begin ...

I woke up this morning ... I took a shower and brushed my teeth ... the sun is shining bright in the sky ... I can hear my Chihuahua's barking outside ... it's monday morning and it's good to be alive ... this past weekend was probably the craziest in my life ... my wife left for the Stirring women's retreat ... she took little Ashdaddy, but left me with the girls ... fortunately, my mom came up for the weekend to help ... on Friday afternoon, I filmed for a couple of hours for 'man in the water' ... friday evening, I drove over to Sean Gafners house for poker ... I spent some time with the guys ... I ate amazing Carne Asada Tacos ... I drank Iced Tea ... I lost five dollars ... I came home ... that night, I worked a bit on a film for Sunday night ... on Saturday, I woke up ... I spent time with my daughters ... I climbed into my Tuxedo ... I drove to the Episcipalian Church for a wedding ... I drank a Red Bull ... she walked down the aisle ... they said I do ... I said, I now pronounce you husband and wife ... I drove home ... late that afternoon, I filmed a couple more scenes for 'man in the water' which premieres this Friday night at Erase the Dark, our music, art and film festival ... I'm stoked about this festival ... it's been a dream for a few years, and finally we are doing it ... we've got at least 6 films and 6 artists performing ... don't miss it ... back to my weekend ... then Saturday night I ate dinner ... and then I spent some time with God ... praying and getting ready for Sunday night ... late that night, I finished the Jon Miller video for Sunday night ... then I went to bed ... then I woke up Sunday morning ... I ate breakfast and hung out with my daughters ... I drove to Risen King Community Church ... I announced Erase the Dark and passed out fliers both services ... at least 50 different people said, oh yeah, I'll be there ... we'll see ... then I drove home ... ate lunch ... spent some time with my wife talking about the Women's Retreat ... amazing ... over 40 women on this retreat ... I could not imagine ... but I hear it was awesome ... I'm already planning our first ever Stirring Men's Retreat ... all you can eat Carne Asada Tacos ... all night poker ... rock climbing ... fist fights ... all night risk (for those who get knocked out poker) ... more all you can eat Carne Asada Tacos ... more rock climbing ... more fist fights ... I'll never forget what happened a couple of years ago ... we were at the Perry's cabin for a retreat ... during the middle of the night, Juan snuck into my room ... and while I was sleeping, Juan flipped my mattress off my bed, with me in it ... and so when I woke up, I was in the middle of the air ... I landed on the ground and rolled into the wall ... freaky ... I wasn't happy ... an hour later I was tucked back in bed ... I fell asleep ... they did it again ... I don't want to talk about this story anymore ... I'm getting more and more upset ... anyways, coming soon ... the first ever Stirring Men's retreat ... this is so much fun ... blogging and blogging and blogging and competing against Amy Coverdale in the blogging Olympics ... I will not give up ... my fingers are numb ... my hands are getting tired ... I'm drinking a Red Bull ... but I will not give up ... I've worked hard to get here this morning ... to compete in these games ... two more paragraphs ... you can do it, nathan ... just keep typing ... don't stop moving those fingers across that keyboard ... cheering ...


seriously, this morning's breakfast was delicious ... I made bacon and eggs and toast and moons over my hammy ... real simple, check it out ... all you need ... a bag of Costco bacon ... lots and lots of bacon strips ... yummy, yummy bacon ... 6 eggs ... white eggs, not brown eggs ... the bigger the better ... a toaster and bread ... place the bread in the toaster ... very, very gently ... don't burn your little fingers on the toaster ... turn the toaster to medium high, and when the toast pops out, don't be alarmed ... it's ready ... 1/2 lb bag of ham ... pre-heat oven to 300 degrees ... place bacon and ham into the oven for 30 minutes ... until they melt together in every way possible ... then microwave the eggs for 6 minutes ... until yellow and runny ... place the toast on a plate ... carefully drap bacon and ham on top of toast ... then drizzle eggs upon the top ... moons over my hammy ... amazing ... makes 4 servings ... if you want, sprinkle 1/2 a bag of grated cheese on top ... I call this moons and cheese over my hammy ... also, some like it with less eggs ... only microwave 3 eggs ... I call this 'half moon' over my hammy ... great for grandpa's and grandma's who eat less ... and if you're allergic to cheese and eggs (bummer), then just eat the bacon and ham on the toast ... I call this 'hammy' ... and if you just want eggs, then just eat eggs ... I call this 'moons' ... and you can eat this for breakfast or lunch or dinner ... the kids love it .. the wife loves it ... the neighbors love it ... jeremy coverdale loves it ... pretty much a 30 minute meal ... yes, a Nathan Edwardson recipe ... one of my favorite ... one day, I may publish all my recipes in my very own cookbook ... this blog is taking forever ... keep typing ... you're almost there ... one more paragraph ...


My wife gave me some money today to get my hair cut ... she's amazing ... I love my family ... so I went to Amy Endecott to get my hair cut ... she is crazy ... good crazy ... and had this idea to give me a mohawk ... the haircuts that mom and dad refused to let you have in middle school ... but, now I'm 30 years old ... if I want a mohawk, I can get a mohawk ... bring it on ... I know this blog has gone on for a while but I have just one more story to share ... it's one of my kitchen stories ... just last week, we discovered a tribe of army ants living in our kitchen ... thousands of ants living right our nose ... my wife went Nazi on those ants ... seriously, she spent almost all day slaughtering an entire village of ants ... king ants and queen ants and baby ants and army ants and other bugs with wings ... these little winged creatures have been flying around our kitchen for weeks ... I kept asking, what are they and where are they coming from ... unbelievable ... seriously, I can't feel my fingers ... I feel like I'm typing a marathon ... one more lap ... one more sentence ... one more word ... 

this is now the longest blog ever ... 1,064 words ... 

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Congrats on the gold medal! I think the people who read the whole thing should get some sort of a medal too.

Anna said...

Good job Nate. You beat her in most words AND you were able to get a recipe in there! I just wrote my longest blog about the women's retreat, 972 words. I wish I had known that you beat the record... I would have added a few more words! :)

The Beaverette said...

ah we shall see daniel son! I can type more than I can talk! And you know I can talk!

Anonymous said...

3 things nathan...
1- that whole thing with Juan and the bed... yes, Juan is strong enough to flip that bed... but without my help he would not have been able to flip it so hard that you flew into the wall so hard that by the time you were able to get up we were already halfway down the stairs..
2- I HATE eggs... therefore hate your recipe.
3- I dont think its fair to count the "..." as words, there is like 400 of those alone. However, not bad my friend. I think to really beat my wife, you need to have a cook-off... we all know how that will end though. no-contest.

amy coverdale said...

nathan, 2 things.
1. you're a cheater.
-here's why: you used a story that erica already wrote an incredible and more entertaining blog about (ie. the ants).
-try typing your next blog w/o all the ... ... in between ... each ... word. seriously.
2. can't you just be content with be the pastor? sheesh. let the rest of the stirring community have their bit of fame.
-you don't have to be the best at everything, you know?

it's on. yes. yes it is. (oh yea, and about the chihuhuas that jeremy wants... he actually doesn't like rats, so we'll pass.) yea, i said it. welcome to war of the blog worlds.

nathan said...

amazing ... the coverdales throw down 'tag team' style ... beautiful ...

and I was trying to remember who was with Juan that night ... ah yes, mr. covers ... and then the bobcat in the girls room ... i will never forget ...

more to come ...

Anna said...

Wow! I think you got the Coverdale's all rilled up! I've never heard such harshness from sweet Amy. I think you might be in over your head Nate...