Sunday, March 9, 2008

tight black suit

yep, I'm the wedding guy ... I'm that guy ...

seriously, if you had known me 5 years ago and you'd have asked me if I thought I'd ever be a wedding guy ... no way ... but look at me ... I wear a tight black suit ... I show up for the dress rehearsal ... I perform the wedding ceremony ... i carry the little black book with vows and all the secret wedding stuff ... and when people ask what's in my little black book, I say, 'that's none of your business' ...

anyways, i just finished one more wedding ... scott and melissa ... my greatest fear is messing up someone's wedding ... it's terrifying ... everyone's watching ... parents ... grandma ... friends ... and I'm standing there in my tight black suit ... terrified ...

so, here's one more wedding blooper ... at the end of Scott and Melissa's the ceremony, I'm supposed to say, 'and that's how husbands ought to LOVE their wives' ... instead, I say, 'and that's how husbands ought to LEAVE their wives' ... true story ... everyone is laughing ... I'm about to die ...

sometimes I'd rather be a wedding singer ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hilarious! and now that you've blogged it, you will always remember it...and so will

the

whole

world.

Anonymous said...

oh yah.. and we got it on video! .. well, Tyler did. :) good times.

Paul David said...

I thought you were awesome at our wedding! would not have wanted any other!!!

amy coverdale said...

yes, marche, wes and i chuckled in the back row. great job nathan. i don't remember you screwing up at our wedding.. did you?

Dana said...

Oh Nate...that sucks, but I have a feeling you recovered great. If I remember correctly you are GREAT on your feet and always make people feel ok!