Wednesday, March 19, 2008

my 4 year old daughter


unbelievable ...

tonight, we sat down for a family dinner ... chicken ... zuchini ... beans and bread rolls ... amazing ... every night my wife surprises me with a delicious family meal ...

erica and I were discussing the upcoming Stirring women's retreat ... we were talking about a couple different bible stories ... mary and martha ... the woman at the well ... and as we're unpacking these stories, Ava jumps in the conversation ...

"Dad, I know that story, about the woman at the well," Ava announces with confidence ...

"Oh yeah," I reply. "Let's hear it" ...

And so, for the next 5 minutes, Ava tells the story of the woman at the well (John 4), word for word ... she's 4 years old ... she has the entire story memorized ... every detail ... every verse ... erica and I are floored ... huge grins ...

as she shared this Jesus story with us, I began to see God's call on her life ... I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see her become the woman God has created her to be ...

No comments: