Monday, March 3, 2008

sabbath

monday is my day off . . . my sabbath . . .

sabbath comes from the hebrew word shabbat, which means 'to cease' . . . literally, to cease doing . . . a day to simply enjoy God and the world He's given to us . . . for me, sabbath is this one day of the week where I am reminded that I am not defined by what I do, but by who I am . . . a child of God . . .

I've been talking about it for weeks, but today I actually shut off my cell phone . . . normally, I hover over my cell phone all day long . . . but not today . . . because it can wait until tomorrow . . .

I woke up . . . I showered . . . I ate Macadamian Nut pancakes . . . I worked out at the gym to get rid of the pancakes . . . I took Adiah on a date to Jamba Juice . . . we ran into my brother Jeremy and Meghan at Discovery Village . . . I ate lunch . . . I watched Prison Break with my amazing wife . . . took a nap . . . wrestled with the girls . . . Asher just started walking . . . I ate dinner . . . I blogged . . .

I can't believe I get to live this life . . .

3 comments:

Candace said...

First of all, Hi Nathan. Haven't seen you in a while. Secondly, you crack me up. And third, you really like ellipses don't you?

the lains said...

it is so easy to forget rest in the mist of all the "doing"....we like to live life as a buffet, but we must remember that the more we add to our plates is in direct correlation to how much falls off.

Paul David said...

Your family will be blessed because of this approach to quality time. I am always saddened when I see men that are in ministry, put "the ministry" over their families. What gym do you go to?