Saturday, March 22, 2008

the Hatchet


so, tonight we went out for dinner ... yep, the Tai Cafe ... it's quiet ... it's cheap ... it's tasty ... it's tai ...

as we stood in line, waiting to be seated, I noticed an older couple staring at my children ... she was smiling ... he was awkward and stiff ... my daughters kept kissing the little Buddha statue ... rubbing his little bald head ... touching his cute round belly ... how precious ...

this strange couple kept staring at my kids ... she was smiling ... he looked angry ... and then she turned to me and said, "you are blessed" ... I slowly made eye contact ... "thank you," I replied ...

she wouldn't stop staring at me ... smiling and staring ... "you are so blessed" ... I'm not going to lie to you ... it was getting weird ... I tried to ignore it, but I wanted to be polite ... "thank you" I replied ...

then she said, "you are so blessed to have such beautiful children" ... and then her husband looked at me and said, "my father thought he was blessed until he found me in the barn with a hatchet" ... and he laughed out loud at himself ... one of those evil villain laughs ... I just stood there ... speechless ... his wife looked so confused ... she smiled at her husband ... "Oh, honey," she said ... they walked slowly to their table ...

later on that night, I ate Pa Nang Curry ... amazing ... this has been one of the greatest nights of my life ...

3 comments:

rev rock said...

Does anyone else see a penis on those guys in the drawing?

nathan said...

what? you mean drawstrings on those red swim shorts? unbelievable ...

thelains said...

How random....the Hatchet...lol.
You should of told him the cliff story or something random like the time you were obsessed with a hammer...or was that a story from random thoughts....