Monday, March 10, 2008

the cliff


when I was 16 years old, the DMV finally granted me a drivers license ... bless their hearts ... three weeks later, I drove my car off a cliff ...

it was raining cats and dogs ... not really, but I wanted to use the expression ... it was heavy rain, if you know what I mean ... I was young ... my parents were away on a vacation to Hawaii ... I took the light blue Ford Tempo out for a cruise ...

and yep, I drove my parents car right off a cliff ... they call it hydroplaning ... I left the car in the ditch and walked a mile to the nearest pay phone ... I called my grandpa ... true story ...

one day I'll teach my son how to drive stick ... and I'll take him back to that cliff ... and I'll tell Asher how is father drove off a cliff and lived ... that'll teach him ...

No comments: