Tuesday, October 28, 2008

late night blog ...

I realize I haven't blogged in days ... yes, I'm alive ...

I'm taking a Master's counseling class at Simpson this week ... 40 hours ... I'm learning how to listen and how to pray and how to encourage and how to grieve ... I'm learning how to slow down and love thick ... I'm reading three ginormous textbooks ... I'm drinking coffee to stay awake ...

last night, God woke me up in the night ... I can't talk about it on this blog, but God spoke something so clearly to me for our church ... I prayed and wept and journaled and then went back to bed ... God is so real ... I shared it with my wife tonight ... we're praying for God to give us courage and wisdom to lead the Stirring through such an exciting and stretching time ... God has given Erica so much wisdom ... I'm so grateful to have her in my life ...

I'm praying for Randy and Kristen Miller ... last week, they found cancer in Randy's body ... it's hard to believe ... Randy is one of the most courageous and encouraging men I have ever met ... I'm proud to stand with him in this time ...

these days, I live in a tension ... so much to be grateful for and so much to grieve ... one thing I know, God is so good ...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

i don't know what God is doing... but yes--a grateful, grieving time. that seems to be the theme lately.

Klein said...

give me a call. I called you today on purpose

Jenna said...

God is good. Always. Yesterday. Now.