Sunday, October 12, 2008

the Elephant in the Church ...


this morning, we planted our new Sunday morning campus ... the Eureka Way campus ... what a great morning of worship ... coffee, God and pews ... it felt so strange being in a new space, yet at the same time, it felt like the Stirring ... I can't wait to see what God does on that side of town ...

we kicked off our new series the Elephant in the church ... I spoke 3 times today ... this is crazy ... every gathering, I'm trying to remember the stories and the phrases and the verses ... it all gets jumbled together ... but in the end, it's all about what God speaks ... I'm just being faithful with God's words and my prayer is that God would take it deeper into people's lives ...

tonight, we talked about the greedy elephant ... greed is so subtle ... we live in a world of greed, but more than that, that world of greed lives in us ... I asked the daunting question, "when is enough enough?" ... at what point in our lives, if ever, could we stand in front of God and say, "I have enough" ... or "I don't need more" ...

over the past year, more than anything, God has been teaching my wife and I how to be grateful with what God has given to us ... how to live gratitude ... how to live enough ... may God free me from greed so I can become more grateful and more generous with the life God has given me ... and one day, may God bless me with a Honda Pilot ...

1 comment:

Tamy S. said...

When is enough, enough?

When our annual nationwide expenditure on ice-cream is enough to feed the entire third-world, I'd say that's enough.