Friday, June 20, 2008

top 10 greatest concerts (ever) ...


yes sir, the top 10 greatest concerts of all time (ever) ... so far in my 30 years of life ... here's the countdown ...

#10 greatest concert ever ... Tom Petty at the Shoreline Ampitheatre ... I sat on the grass ... ironically, I was the only one not smoking grass ...

#9 ... DC Talk ... Jesus Freak tour in San Diego ... my first mash pit ...

#8 ... Muse ... two words ... fancy licks ... seriously, Muse puts the 'rock' in 'rock 'n roll' ... I would see Muse again any day ... bring it on ...

#7 ... Radiohead at the Warfield ... back in my 'radioheadwardson' days ... couldn't get enough Radiohead ...

#6 ... Counting Crows at the Warfield ... less than 1,000 people in the club ... my brother and I floated into backstage passes ... we met Adam Duritz ... he's huge ...

#5 ... Exit San Francisco ... Simpson College cafeteria ... I rocked all night, jumping and kicking in the air ... and later on that night, I met my wife for the first time ... rock on ...

#4 ... the Myriad ... live at the Cascade ... the first ever Myriad light show ... worth every penny (actually, I think I was on the guest list) ...

#3 ... U2 ... Bono running around the stage like a rock star ... opening band Ziggy Marley ... romantic evening with my wife ... and 20,000 people ...

#2 ... Coldplay at the Arco Arena ... Chris Martin breaks a string ...

#1 greatest concert ever ... Aerosmith ... Steven Tyler swings out on a rope over the crowd ... literally, breathtaking ... also, I was a bit tipsy ...

8 comments:

rev rock said...

did you really say a "mash" pit? Were people making potato's in there?

Josh H. said...

where is the ember concert? every one of our shows was epic...right? :)

amy coverdale said...

just wait till you see Sigur Ros for the first time. You WILL be blown away. presale sold out already...but they're playing in Berkeley and Portland in October... keep your eyes open...

sarah said...

I'm surprised Josh Groban didn't make the list...maybe it was because of a certain "couple" that was sitting next to you...

JUAN said...

a mosh pit at a DC Talk show?? haha.. I love Christian music. You should go to a KillSwitch Engage show. You'll see what a real mosh pit is. I was surprised to see Muse so far up the list.. ...

Amanda said...

Aerosmith totally is the best concert ever. I saw Aerosmith and kiss when I was 16. Amazing. There are no more words other than amazing.

Anonymous said...

soon to be the new #1... Sigur Ros.... I cant wait!.. 4mo!!!

Jeff Yoder said...

My favorite was Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan, three blocks from my house at our minor league baseball stadium.

People were smoking weed right next to me.

I'm not joking.

Right there, I saw it...

I'm totally serious.

That sweet aroma.

In front of everyone.

Rock on Willie.

Rock on Bob.