Monday, June 23, 2008

bella


last night, we had a great night at the Stirring ... Dan Lance spoke on Ephesians 3 ... Dan talked about experiencing the love of God ... it's so easy to live in our heads ... I love it when Dan gets passionate ... I can see the vein pulsing in his head ... he's like a cage fighter ... seriously, we are so blessed to have Dan and Alyssa back in our lives ...

And my brother Jeremy led worship ... amazing ... Jeremy has always had such a pure heart after God ... I enjoy seeing him grow as a man of God ...

after the Stirring, my wife and usually throw in a movie to unwind ... last night, we watched that movie 'Bella' ... we loved it ... mainly because I played soccer for a year in high school ... and because my wife is hispanic ... actually, I probably speak more Spanish than my wife ... I took 6 years of Spanish ... perhaps God was preparing me for a church plant in Guatemala ...

anyways, we loved 'Bella' ... I fell asleep for about 20 minutes, and then woke up during some crazy scene where this guy's crying and hugging his mom ... I need to watch it again ...

as for now, it's up there with the greatest 'hispanic' movies of all time ... along with 'Fools Rush In' and 'Bottle Rocket' and 'Nacho Libre' and 'Evita' ...

3 comments:

*Sweet* Lew Dunbar!!! said...

Dude, Dan was awesome last night, even I loved it. Loved the whole never-feeling-Gods-love stuff. I loved his reaction when only three people actually listened last week in second service-very honest and real. And then the cell phone goes off, incredible...

And I would totally cage fight Dan during a passion fit. Most fun I could have in a year.

Josh H. said...

bella was a great movie...it's nice to see a quality movie that doesn't advocate abortion. we watched and were touched.

Jeff Yoder said...

Motorcycle Diaries

Best Latin American Movie

So says my intern Diego from Ecuador.