Sunday, June 1, 2008

the Stirring tonight ...

awesome night tonight ... we're spending the next 8 weeks in the book of Ephesians ... becoming who we are ...

when I first read Ephesians a few years ago, it rocked me ... especially the 'in Christ' stuff ... you know, chosen in Christ, adopted in Christ, made alive in Christ ... I couldn't believe it ... for so many years, I had lived without God ... and Paul drops this bomb on me, that Christ lives in me ... and I live in Him ... awesome ...

anyways, Jacob led worship ... I love his passion and heart after God ... I met so many new people tonight ... families and couples ...

and the Stirring Jr. High launched tonight ... 13 new Jr. High students on the first night ... actually, they're all new because it's the first night, but you know what I mean ...

our team at the Stirring is amazing ... dan and derrick and hannah and the sean's and patrick and chris and my amazing wife and all the jeremy's and amy and rebecca and dylan and tyler and heather and emily and matt and anna and billy and heaven (and I wish Jeff Yoder were here) and ashley and Jesus and john and amy and yep, meghan and yori and t.j. (and I wish Shannon Pirie would move to Redding) and aaron and kaylen and brad and emily and bethany and chris and cassie and kristen and benji and jenna and kristina and kendall and cory and foster and everyone else ...

I can't believe I get to follow Jesus with such an amazing community ...

3 comments:

Emily Faulknor Photography said...

Last night was awesome Nate, I agree. It is an honor and a blessing to be a part of this body of believers and together chase after God. Have you ever read that book "God Chasers"? I was reminded of it last night when we talked about how God chases after us. God rocked my world through that book. Thanks Nate for all that YOU do. God has crafted you into a great leader and a great teacher.

Shannon said...

I love the shout outs....They make my day! I wish I could move to Redding and be apart of your church! I think it's why I like blogger so much...it's like I am there with all of you guys!

Kari said...

Name the day and time! I'm there, Let's Talk about Japan!