Monday, February 23, 2009

i lost my voice ...

I'm not sure what happened ...

I took a quick nap yesterday afternoon after the Stirring, and I woke up sounding like a seal ... my voice almost completely gone ... my kids are sick, so maybe I'm on the verge of a massive nasal and viral disease ... or maybe I just have a little cold ...

last night, Dan Lance rocked it at the Stirring ... we're in a series called 'I am Jonah' ... Dan talked about how God uses Jonahs ... prideful, racist, depressed, disobedient, and suicidal people like Jonah ... and if God uses Jonahs, God can use you ... go check out the podcast later this week ...

today, I'm hanging out with my family ... playing Tinker Bell Old Maid with Adiah and trains with Asher ... our newest one, Alicia Amy is healthy and dark ... all she does is eat and poop and poop and eat ... it's boring, it's her life ... we're heading off to Barnes and Noble for a family date ...

this Thursday night, I'm speaking at the citywide LYNK gathering ... I'll be speaking about the need for fathers and mothers in the church and in our city ... we don't need more outreach programs and rock concerts and youth groups to reach the young people in our city ... we need fathers to embrace their father calling ... we need mothers to embrace their mother calling ... period ... this has always been God's heart ...

2 comments:

JUAN said...

it was probably the taco's....

Amy Dubois said...

Sounds like an awesome talk you're going to give! Hope your voice is back now. Enjoy your family day!!