Monday, February 16, 2009

I am Jonah ...


tonight, we began a new series at the Stirring called 'I am Jonah' ...

what a great story ... every kid loves the story of Jonah ... there's a man Jonah ... he runs from God ... he gets swallowed up by a whale ... he sings a song in the whale ... he lights a candle in the whale and the whale spits him up on dry land and he becomes a real boy ...

God calls Jonah to a great city ... Jonah runs, God pursues ... Jonah hides, God exposes ... Jonah sleeps, God wakes him up ...

As we read through the Jonah story, we find that we are Jonah ... God has called us to a great city ... we run and God pursues ... we hide and God exposes ... we sleep and God wakes us up to the call on our lives ...

next week, we get to talk about the huge fish ... props to my friend Juan for drawing our Jonah image ... so good ... the most amazing and creepy fish I've ever seen ... we have so much passion and talent in our church ...

4 comments:

Moseley said...

I'm so bummed that I missed it. Maybe now I can start going to church again. I am so excited for you and Erica tonight!! Praying for you.

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Congratulations to you and Erica and welcome to the newest Edwardson!!!!

Amy Dubois said...

It's only been the first week and I'm already loving this series! Can't wait to hear more!

Kelly Koolhoven said...

Ok....the picture is bringing back memories of creepy Bible Adventure videos from Sunday School...but I'm digging this series anyways...