Monday, December 1, 2008

live simple, love loud ...


just wrapped up a week vacation with my family ... I feel rested and ready for the Christmas season ...

it's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas ... we just threw up Christmas lights around our house ... this year, I'm competing with my next door neighbor ... moving lights, moving reindeer, moving elves, whatever it takes ... it's on ...

we just got our family pictures back from Emily Faulknor ... amazing ... great shots of the family and the kids ... my wife is sexy and my kids are crazy ... I love it ... thanks emily ... you are so talented and we miss you so much ...

last Sunday, Dan kicked off our new series Simple ... I'm stoked about the next few weeks ... life gets so busy and hurried and empty ... Jesus confronts our cluttered lives ... Jesus confronts our busy schedules ... Jesus confronts our shallow relationships ... Jesus calls us back to one thing ... live simple, love loud ...

I'm reading three great books ... Margin, Simple Church and the Pressure's off ... great books calling us back to the simple life of Jesus ... if you get a chance, read Matthew 11:28-30 ... life changing ...

4 comments:

Klein said...

Why is Jesus so confrontational? He needs to chill out a bit and enjoy the holidays

hannahrae said...

is asher rockin' a faux hawk now too?!

awesome.

sarah said...

The Pressure's Off was one of my life changing books...good choice!!!

Pearcia LaPointe said...

I love the picture! You can see all the kids, Erica with her beautiful bump looks great. You have a pretty good lookin' family. What a fantastic picture!