Tuesday, December 23, 2008

creepy Santa ...


the other night, we were walking downtown and we came across Santa Claus, just sitting there bored ... yep ... no crazy long line of kids ... no elves ... no cameras ... no Santa sign ... no hype ... plain old Santa ... just sitting there all by himself ... bored ...

when Ava saw him sitting there, she ran up to sit on his lap ... creepy ... some old man in a Santa costume downtown ... passing out candy canes ... talking to my daughter about Barbie and roller skates ... what am I supposed to do? ... it's Santa ... I felt like tackling him on the ground and ripping off that fake beard ... and shouting, "you're not the real Santa because I saw the real Santa in the Mt. Shasta mall!" ... and then I'd run off with his beard ... but I didn't ...

at this point, my youngest daughter Adiah is terrified ... she refuses to sit on Santa's lap ... thank God ... instead, she runs up and grabs a candy cane and runs away ... amazing ...

yep, Christmas Eve at the Cascade ... Wednesday night ... 5 pm and 7 pm ...

I spent some time today reading through the Christmas Story and praying about the gathering tomorrow evening ... I'm stoked ... Garrett Viggers and Jamie White are leading worship ... we're showing a couple of our Stirring films ... and Bill Randall and I are reading the advent Scriptures ... sweet ...

this Christmas, may we know the peace and joy and love of God ... and whatever you do, don't sit on Santa's lap ... it's a trap ... grab a candy cane and run ...

4 comments:

KalynRebecca said...

Maybe that is a younger sister thing... my little sister used to be terrified of Santa too

JUAN said...

The first thing I'm gonna teach my kids is there isn't a Santa. Because there isn't..... The idea of a Santa makes no sense...

nathan said...

the first thing I teach my kids is how to use the toilet ... then we deal with Santa ... first things first ...

JUAN said...

Nate(dawg)

Dealing with "crap" is important.... It's strange... as we get older we avoid dealing with "crap".

So, I figure because Santa is such a distraction with growing up, I'll teach it to them early so they'll realize that all the "crap" in this world belongs down the toilet. Once that's done they'll surely use this truth with the real things in life... and I'll just need to provide them with a great roll of Charmin.