Thursday, November 6, 2008

yellow number three ...

10 years ago, I wrote my first song ... yellow number three ... I wrote this song about a painting that hung on the wall in my Lancer's apartment (home of the greatest disco dance party ever) ...

Yellow sky and golden fields, how we used to love to play, and how I came here not expecting anything to go my way

As young as I feel, as far as I can see, running arms wide open on a shady after Tuesday and I would shake off all my leaves

If I could scoop them up and have you once again, and I would shake off my leaves, to have you once again, but you’ve left me all alone, just hangin on a wall

How Can i get away, from all the things that bring me back to you
Somehow I’ll make it through

As young as I feel, as far as i can see, crawling on our hands and knees, underneath a wire on a fence, it catches on your shirt, your Skin Shines through, but I know that you don’t care, it reminds you of the stupid things we’ve done


I dedicate this blog to the boys who lived at Lancers ... I'll never forget those years ... stay classy ...

4 comments:

trisha loves to paint said...

hands down the best disco dance party I have ever been to!

Josh H. said...

i was there!

Unknown said...

that was a fun party....that apartment was the classiest...by far!

Jeff Yoder said...

What a great song and a great painting and a great apt. Too many memories. I needed that today. I'll have to post some disco party pics, I have many. They almost look vintage, because everything was dicso from the low, faded leather couch to the fuzzy shag carpet. That was a blast.
I miss those days.