Tuesday, May 13, 2008

what's up with Redding?


It seems like everyone moves back to Redding ... why?

I moved away to San Diego ... I moved back to Redding ...
My wife Erica moved away to Cottonwood ... now back in Redding ...
My brother Jeremy and Meghan moved to Seattle ... yep, Redding ...
My brother Benji moved to Sacramento ... and Redding ...
Dan and Alyssa to Riverside ... they moved back to Redding ...
Todd and Deborah Skinner to Brentwood ... Redding ...
Dave Reichle moved to Portland (I think) ... and he's moving back to Redding ...

And Jeff Yoder is thinking about moving back to manage Red Robin ...

oh yeah, I forgot ... everyone who has ever lived in Redding has also worked at Red Robin ... but that's another blog ...

I dedicate this blog to Shannon Pirie, Sean Bagley and Richie Masadas ... we miss you ... come home ... and Moses Lam ...

10 comments:

rev rock said...

I came back because I heard Exit San Fransisco was getting back together. What a letdown!

trisha loves to paint said...

oh curtis...

Josh H. said...

i worked at red robin....for 2 days until leah got me fired. then jeff really had to fire me.
remember when richie masadas got his belly tattoo and it said "asadas" because they didn't have an "m" stencil? old school.

hannahrae said...

I have a theory that Redding is a black hole. No matter how bad people want to leave it always pulls you back.

It's an amazing blackkhole.
I love Reddin'!

And I am so excited about Curtis Stein coming back! Great news!

Anna said...

I moved to Newport Beach... and then back to Redding.

I never worked at RR but I think everyone has either worked there or lived in Park West... and I did live in Park West. :)

Becky Moseley said...

My husband moved from Redding to Roseville, then San Jose, then Fresno, then back to Redding. I'm a newbie, but I'm sure if we ever did leave, we'd come running back someday. I love it here!

Jeff Yoder said...

Ahhhh Yes! The lovely bird so red. How can I resist the lure of those fries. Beckoning me home like a stalwart lighthouse shining so bright through the dark and fog, and I the wayward, hungry ship in a turbulent sea adrift.

I must say there is/was something about my years in Redding that drew me into the most remarkable friendships I have ever had. Deep, real, fun, vulnerable, satisfying. And I don't think I have ever laughed or cried so much in my life than in those short 3.5 years.

Then one day I drove away.

Shannon said...

@ Josh- ASADAS....LOL!!!! I have tears in my eyes thinking about that.


This blog made me laugh so hard....Wardles and Curtis?!?!?! You are so random. I am glad you miss me, bagley, asadas and MOESE LAM?!??!

david sherwood said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I moved all the way to Memphis, TN and still came back to Redding. I never worked at Red Robin, but like Anna I lived at Park West