Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the burbs ...


so, I came home early today ... to find my wife digging a 'body size' hole in the backyard ... creepy ...

she's holding this huge shovel ... dirt up to her knees ... a grin on her face ... I'm convinced she's killed our dogs, or one of the neighbors ... and she's burying the body in our backyard ... all I can think about is that Tom Hanks film 'the Burbs' ...

my wife explains ... it turns out it's a compost pit ... for leaves and food and green waste ... that's a load off ...

what next? ... recycling? ...

6 comments:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

She should have got a composter...much easier than digging a plot. But, hey digging holes is good exercise and fun too (I think). Go Green Mama! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Anna said...

that's funny! creepy but funny. I can't believe you guys don't recycle... it's the least you could do. now w/Erica's composting you will have amazing soil for all of your pretty flowers out front!

Candace said...

Your wife is so bad ass.

rev rock said...

should of never hired that hippie Lance guy onto your staff!

Shannon said...

the lances are making an impact :-)

B.Rubble said...

Great...now we're gonna have to figure out how to get those darned CFL bulbs into the globes that hang over the stage every Sunday...

Besides..your wife is too intelligent to bury anyone in the backyard...she's well aware there are 1000's of empty, abandoned, secluded, mineshafts that go whoknows where and, wow, thats funny. Ex-wife just sent me an email..must've heard me typing...

it's funny 'cause its wrongq