Monday, May 19, 2008

deep thoughts


One day Dad asked me to go fishing with him ...

I got scared ... I had the feeling he was going to try to drown me ... I don't why I thought that, because so far he had never tried to kill me ... but he had never taken me fishing either, so I was suspicious ...

When we got to the lake, he walked right up to it ... "Hey son, come here," he said. "Look at these minnows" ...

"Nice try, Dad, if that's even your real name!" I yelled. Then I ran back to the car and locked myself in ...

Dad never took me fishing again ... So I think that proves my case ...

I dedicate this blog to my favorite indie band Ember ... I wear this shirt once a week ... long live Ember ... those guys rocked ... even though my brother Jeremy tried to fight Josh Hagquist ... let bygones be bygones ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should bring deep thoughts back to the stirring... maybe we can make a movie... also, if you wear that shirt once a week, dont you think you would have a more recent photo of you wearing it?.. gosh nathan... if thats YOUR real name.
P.s. what happened to the blog Olympics? have you given up?...

rev rock said...

It's against the law to wear a fake tattoo shirt under an Ember shirt. It goes against everything we stand for.

Josh H. said...

i don't think we ever fought...i think jeremy and i are good now :) plus i have to be nice to him...his band is better than any band i was ever in, including ember. although, "i like the way she pours it" can't be topped...

hey, the stirring should sponsor an ember reunion show!

Anna said...

I agree with Jeremy. I miss deep thoughts at the Stirring. You could even do a series where every week you open with a deep though... hmmm.

the lains said...

pros: you look good w/ tats.
cons: I can see the seam...busted!

Kari said...

I say YES to the Ember Reunion!!