Thursday, May 29, 2008

becoming who we are ...


I'm stoked about the new series we're beginning this Sunday night ... becoming who we are ...

in the last few years I've been speaking, this is my first time teaching through one of the books in scripture ... Ephesians ... I'm terrified, but I enjoy a challenge ...

it's either Ephesians or another Sex series ... but I think the Stirring has heard enough about Sex for a while ... actually, next year I want to spend 8 weeks in the Song of Solomon ... we'll talk about love and conflict and dating and commitment and yep, sex (chapter 4) ...

anyways, back to Ephesians ... becoming who we are ... following Jesus is not about what we do ... it's about who we are because of what Jesus Christ has done ... and what we do is simply an expression of who we are because Jesus is alive in us ... and yet we get this so confused ...

there is a war raging for who we are ... so in this series, we want to give God space to speak to us and shape us and remind us who we are in Jesus Christ ...

pray that God uses these next few weeks to shape our community in profound ways ...

3 comments:

Klein said...

Don't forget to reference John 10:34. One of the only times Jesus tells the crowds directly 'who they are'.

Peace

Jeff Yoder said...

"Who am I? Who am I?...I am a walrus."
My favorite line from 'The Breakfast Club'

I'm so freakin' old.

the lains said...

Brother, we are praying for you as you and the family enter into this next teaching...
mongolianfamily