Friday, January 2, 2009

60 days ...


what the heck? ... we're having a baby girl in 60 days ...

so, my wife and I just bought a Toyota Sienna mini-van ... 33,000 miles ... amazing condition ... steering wheel ... four beautiful tires ... CD player ... seats 8 adults and 14 children ... yep, we're mini-van people ... and we're stoked ... I drove it all the way home from Sacramento with a huge smile on my face (listening to Coldplay and Radiohead) ... I'm a proud mini-van dad ...

it's the first car we've bought in over 10 years ... crazy ... we're thinking about throwing a party in the mini-van for all our friends with children ... dancing and music and twister in the mini-van ... everyone's invited ...

anyways, I'm still freaking out about the 60 days thing ... that's just a few weeks ... hospitals make me sick and dizzy ... props to doctors and nurses and janitors and anyone who spends their lives in hospitals ... I couldn't do it ... my stomach gets weak ... I throw up in mouth and pass out ... I get dizzy and punch myself in the neck ... I go crazy and use those rubber gloves for balloons ... then someone tackles me on the ground and they drag me out on the street ... this has never happened, but you can imagine ... yep ...

anyways, I love my kids and I can't wait to meet Alicia ... happy new year ... it's past midnight and I'm a bit delirious ... blog on ...

9 comments:

idiot said...

Good choice bro!

Candace said...

I'm so glad it has a steering wheel. ;)

Candace said...

P.S. What a great picture of you and your wife. You guys are the coolest.

Leah said...

Wow, that's awesome, good for you guys! I was wondering how you were planning on fitting that fourth car seat in the back of the Olds....

Trevor said...

This dude we hung out with tonight looked just like a miniature version of you. Then he introduced himself as "Nathan". So now he's Mini-Nate.

JUAN said...

If we end up having a massive amount of these around town, Erica well end up looking like a self absorbed fossil fuel monger... I'll be praying that we soon realize how un-smart the Smart Car really is...

Congrats on the new ride.... It's been awhile and you guys deserve the convenience.

Klein said...

Keep working out. You can see it in your shoulders, although i still think the fohawk is gay. Gotta keep it real.

Late

Emily Faulknor said...

Congrats Nathan! You guys need and deserve that!

B.Rubble said...

NICE! All the acoutrements a parent needs, but you forgot a few things...

Duct Tape...when you're done fastening the lil one in her six point racing harness/nomex suit/binky holder, you'll need this to strap a juice box to her hands

Earplugs..Yep.For you...trust me..an infant will cry for only five min in any conveyance. But those 5 min are eternal..to your eardrums

Gum..Yep...Gum..It keeps your mouth busy when all you wanna do is scream "SHUT UP PLEASE"...and you will, at some point in your parenthood, scream this...Trust me..You will..Multiple times I'd imagine

LOTS of "lil mirror trees" for the mini-van...Otherwise, that babys diaper is gonna "funk fog' ya outta the van. Febreeze dont help, and candles in a moving vehicle are bad..Just strap a tree to your upper lip til you get home or a parking lot to change said child

Pillow, for Nates head..He's gonna be doing well baby check ups and immunizations and school physicals...He's gonna pass out often the first six years of the girls life. I suggest a pillow w/a helmet attached..Perhaps cupholders and a light for reading.Feel free to use stickers to personalize.

Last, but not least. Buy stock in folgers or if you have the cash, Jamaican Blue Mtn coffee. You'llbe doing the "daddy/momma" dance at o'dark thirty often. And it helps to be conscious.

Congratulations and good luck. Look forward to seeing our next Warrior brought into the world
Rubble