Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the Settlers of Catan ...


I'm hooked on a new board game ... I love board games ... risk and monopoly and candy land ... anything strategic and challenging ... I'm extremely competitive, especially when it comes to board games ... ask my wife ...

anyways, my friends introduced me to this new game a couple of weeks ago ... the Settlers of Catan ... it's a bit like Risk, except more strategic and it doesn't take 9 hours to play one game ... I've already played 4 times ... sheep and wheat and brick ... bring it on ...

this blog is dedicated to all the game board geeks in the world (including Patrick and Micah and Mark and Jenna) ... wherever you are, you are not alone ... and for all of you who look down on us game board geeks ... you're not invited to our next Settlers tournament ... true story ...

11 comments:

tessa said...

settlers rocks.

ya i said it.

Jeff Yoder said...

We are the geeks that have the 5-6 person expansion, cities and knights, and seafarers.

Once you start you can't stop, then you'll feel like a settlers glutton and have to stop for months and then start up again.

One thing we have added is an ugly hat that has to be worn by the person who is taking too long to make a move. Then you mock them and call them "Chief Long Turn".

We even sing a Settlers song we made up.

It's ridiculous.

Unknown said...

looks like you got the lame american version though. you need to get the real deal german version.

Jenna said...

There's a German version?!!!

Juliette said...

So I totally wrote a blog about settlers a couple weeks ago - we love this game and have been playing it for like 9 years. So that means we are awesome at it. :) Here's the blog I wrote about it - http://julietteread.blogspot.com/2009/01/settlers.html

Amy said...

Yes! Played it for like 4 hours at the hardy's a couple nights ago. So hooked!

Steve Swinburne said...

I love Settlers. Actually I love any game where I can conquer and win.

JUAN said...

Sounds like my kind of game.
I guarantee I'd have you under the table rocking back and forth questioning your manhood.

Yep... I'm calling out the competitive Nate...

patrick hardy said...

let's set up a tournament. We have like 3 game sets and 18 players..
Just name the time and place..

Leah said...

I think we've played once, with the Starkes. I wouldn't mind playing again, but I can't play games with you anymore. A few rounds of Mafia eight years ago at you guy's apartment off Hartnell really taught me a lesson....

KalynRebecca said...

that number you called is our house number, you can reach my dad there too. Erica has my number if you ever need it.