Monday, January 12, 2009

50 days ...

I'm not sure what to write, but I have to draw attention to the creepy floating baby on my blog page .... 50 days and counting ...

we've been changing diapers and filling sippy cups for almost 6 years straight ... I can't remember a time when kids weren't hanging on my pant legs ... I can't walk down the hallway without stepping on a barbie or a plastic chainsaw ... they always forget to flush the toilet ... I've watched Finding Nemo 468 times ... and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world ... (except the nasty diapers) ...

this week, we begin our Spring Life Groups at the Stirring ... I'm teaming up with Bill and Jill Randall to lead a leadership group for the next 13 weeks ... over the years, both Bill and Jill have had such a deep and profound impact on my life ... they have encouraged me and challenged me and shaped me to become the man, the father, the husband and the leader that I am today ... I am so grateful for their voice in my life ... and now we get to spend the rest of our lives shaping young leaders who will shape the world ... there's nothing on earth I would rather be doing ...

in our life group, we'll be focusing on leadership, calling and character ... we're reading through portions of the New Testament as well as the book 'Next Generation Leader" ... I'm stoked about the young men and women who are apart of this group ...

anyways, watch out for dirty diapers and plastic chainsaws ... it's my life ...

4 comments:

Leah said...

So all you have to do is have one more kid after Alicia and then you could say that you've been stepping on toys for ten years. Would five kids be worth the ten year bragging right?

Jeff Yoder said...

I was missing Redding friends today. So I came to your blog. It's almost like being there. Remember when we drove to Eureka at 3am with Bagley and Eric Bennett to film the desert scenes. Good times. Peace be to you and your family.

Anna said...

I have 40 days to go... oh the things I have to look forward to... poopy diapers, stepping on toys... I think I'll go cry now. :) j/k

I talked to your mom today for almost 40min, so random. She called to ask me about my job and we just got to chatting away. :)

Jenna said...

see you in an hour.

i'm stoked...